Monday, November 14, 2011

6 days to go.... for my last marathon of the year!

Wow! 


I just simply cannot believe that we are in November already.  To make your heart pumping faster, we are actually almost in the middle of November.  A time to talk about Christmas shopping, Christmas cooking, Christmas eating, Christmas dresses, Christmas parties... list is just going on.


For me, the 'Christmas' topics haven't hit me hard yet as I'm still in training for my very last marathon in this year 2011. What a year! This will be my 4th marathon in this year, my very first year of marathon running.  Some people, my workmates especially, just can't really get how I can do 4 marathons in one year.  Don't I feel tired? How would I use my annual leaves to go different places to 'suffer' (26.2 miles of running... it can be too much for some)? I have a list of questions that I have been asked in this year... I may save my answers to my next blog....


One thing that I can tell you is that, it's all about the love of running.  26.2 miles indeed is a long run. The thing is, it's like everything else, you can get addicted to it. Just like one of my running friend said 'you got the running bite!' More you do, more you want to do.  That's why I'm still excited for this very last marathon....


Where is it? 
South France, running from Nice to Cannes


When?
20/11/2011, only 6 days away 


The route...
We will run through 4 cities between Nice and Cannes:
Saint-Laurent-du-Var, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Villeneuve-Loubet, Antibes Juan-Les-Pins, Vallauris Golfe-Juan
It is a coastal running... the scenery won't be bad at all but as my running friend, Jennifer says, who cares about the scene when you are struggling the run? Well... it's kinda true too.  But as I love nature and sea, the beautiful seaside scenery definitely is a booster for me!


It's just only 6 days away, it is a time to see how I feel about it now. To be honest, I feel slightly worried and yet excited about this run. Since my last run in Berlin wasn't too brilliant, I would love to do better in this one.  I did a 21 miles run about 2 weeks ago. It was a fabulous 21 miles that I didn't want to stop! Since then, I have already in my tapering preparation. I do think that I'm still very positive about the run.  The worrying part actually are my legs. I found them slightly tight in my last 12 miles long run.... don't like tights legs....  I need some good sport massage. But where I can find one???


I'm in my annual leave now as well.  So, all I need to do right now is eating well, sleeping well, chillaxing and getting some mental pictures installed in my brain... and just keep blogging till it comes... it's only 6 days away!
I like this motto at the end, 'Yes we CAN... The marathon is nice....' Good one!

No comments: