Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Year! 


Sorry for being so quiet recently from blogging. I'm amazed how Christmas baking and my work in hospital have been keeping me away from blogging. Considering we are still in January, I hope that you had a fantastic Christmas, a fabulous and energetic new year! January is always en exciting month, the old year has gone, and we all are excited about the coming new year. 2012 is quite a special year, especially in London, where Olympic games will be held in August. Hence, it is making my marathon running in this year more exciting and challenging. I definitely want to do so much more better than my debut year of marathon running, especially, it ended in such a high note (a PB was made). Therefore, I am aiming to complete my London marathon around 4 hours. Yes! 4 HOURS! It is a high aim for me, if there is no challenge, why bother to do training? Therefore, I have started my training already for my London April Marathon. From my last year training experience, I have studied many different training programs in order I can do better in this year, and yet it works with my crazy shift work schedule. I have even studied Paula Radcliffe's training plan in her latest book (who doesn't want to run like Paula?).
However, her plan just doesn't work with my shift work schedule. With some wisdom from a runner in the Nike running club, I was introduced a training plan that is challenging and yet fitting into my schedule. I won't say that it is going to be easy. To aim for a good time in marathon, there is no easy way to do it. Better timing, harder training. The training plan involves 4-5 runs a week, hill, interval and long runs. With the training plan, I also have registered to do couple half marathons before April in order to monitor my progress. 


 Apart from London marathon, I'm actually aiming to do about 3 marathons run and other runs this year... So far, this season, it will be looking like this... 
15/01/2011 - Nike+ half marathon 
19/02/2011 - Brighton half marathon 
04/03/2011 - Milton Keyes half marathon 
22/04/2011 - Virgin London marathon 
27/05/2011 - BUPA 10k City run 
18/08/2011 - Helsinki marathon (planning) 
11/2011     - Eden Project marathon (planning) 


 Here it is.. My year 2012. Maybe not that much of traveling but I believe that it is still going to be very exciting and challenging year. As I'm training hard for this London marathon, I would like to draw your attention on my charity, VICTA. Without their given opportunity, like they do for all children with impaired eyesights, I would not able to take part of this great event. As you are reading, please go to my personal website (http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MaySzeRunning to support me and my charity. 





No comments: